Kidde HD135F Fyrnetics Hardwire Heat Detector with Battery Backup



Kidde HD135F Fyrnetics Hardwire Heat Detector with Battery Backup

Kidde HD135F Fyrnetics Hardwire Heat Detector with Battery Backup

Friday, January 13, 2012

Heat Detector

Heat Detector

I learned about this product while reading an MSN Real Estate article on home energy audits: [...]. The candle method was not doing it for me, so I upgraded to the B&D TLD100. 
Black & Decker TLD100 Thermal Leak Detector

I ordered on a Wednesday via next day shipping (Amazon Prime) and got it the next day. When I tried it out later that Thursday evening, I found out that the blue LED light was out and I thought that I was going to have to go directly to Black and Decker for a repair. I contacted Amazon.com customer service that evening and they shipped another one out to me for delivery Saturday morning and provided me with a return label for the defective unit. The customer service rep was helpful and the process was easy. 

Heat Detector

 The replacement device worked perfectly and I was back in business Heat Detector. There is a switch that allows you to choose your temperature threshold. Are you looking for small 1 degree changes, 5 degree changes, or larger 10 degree changes? Set the threshold and start with the unit "off." You point it at a reference point and hit the big "on" button. If you pick the 5 degree threshold as a reference point, anything that you point at that is within 5 degrees will have a green LED light illuminating the spot. If it's at least 5 degrees colder, the LED will illuminate the area blue and if it is at least 5 degrees warmer, it will be red. The display also shows you the reference point temperature and the temperature of the spot you are pointing at. This was fun! Much more fun than walking around with a candle, dripping hot wax, trying to see if the flame is flickering Heat Detector.

Heat Detector Please note that the thermal leak detector does not come with a battery, so you'll need to have a 9 volt battery on hand. Also, the switch to change the device from Fahrenheit to Celsius is near the battery. 

Heat Detector

No comments:

Post a Comment